Strangely formatted numbers in reports

Reinke Bonte reinke.bonte@web.de
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:16:10 +0900

Negative numbers in reports over 1 million are strangely formatted (Eg.
"--1,393,978
+ 13800382 / -10" instead of simply "-1,393,978") in my reports. My
GNUcash version is 1.6.8 on a Debian unstable system.

I had posted this on the gnucash-user list, because I thought it is just
a problem with my settings, but I was suggested to post is on the
development list too. However, steps to reproduce are as simple as
creating the default accounts, filling them with data and selecting a
report that would display negative large numbers. So maybe it's really
just a problem with my settings. I would be grateful if anyone could
hint me what to change in my settings.

I have also prepared a tarball (65kB) with sample data and and
screenshots. If the list policy allows and anyone is interested, I can
post it to this list. If anyone here agrees that this is a bug, I can
file a bug report as well.

Thank you for your attention.

Reinke

--
"Fun ist ein Stahlbad. Die Vergnuegungsindustrie verordnet
es unablaessig. Lachen in ihr wird zum Instrument des