Updated 1.8 release schedule

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:09:05 +0100

With the latest beta release of 1.7.5 we are well on track towards a
stable 1.8.0 release. (Note: 1.7.5 was released just one day after 1.7.4
due to a possible currency exchange corruption bug.)

Bugs open: 51 (normal or higher), including 12 major ones

(That's already down from 70-something two weeks ago. We even dropped
out of the bug list in the gnome summary :-) Go gnucash go!)

As explained in the earlier message
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2002-November/007551.html
we should probably not release 1.8.0 in the Christmas week, since that
whole week everybody will probably be busy will before-Christmas stuff.
And since one or two GUI-changes are still not yet in CVS, we decided to
go for the slower schedule proposed in that message. That results in

Dec 1: 1.7.4 beta release, gnucash-docs initial release

Dec 2: 1.7.5 beta release: no new features from now on (exceptions
noted below)

Dec 15: 1.7.6 beta; Deep freeze, string freeze: now only bug fixes

Dec 24: 1.7.7 release candidate 1; Still deep freeze: only bug fixes;
please review every non-trivial change on IRC or gnucash-devel

Jan 5: 1.8.0 stable release

Are there features that are still essential for 1.8 but not yet in CVS?

* The Currency exchange transaction dialog (by Derek) has been committed
today, i.e. it is not in 1.7.5 but it is in CVS now and will be in 1.7.6.

* Benoit already mentioned that he is still working on some GUI changes
in the OFX transaction importer. According to Benoit, those will be in
CVS and ready for testing by 1.7.6

* Any more GUI/feature changes? Please try to get them into CVS before
1.7.6. Otherwise please delay them until after 1.8.0.

More comments?

Christian