Cyrillic in reports

Sergei Dolmatov sergei@dolmatov.dsb.ru
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:24:11 +0800

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 10:43:31AM +0800, Sergei Dolmatov wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 05:59:12PM +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > Sergei Dolmatov wrote:
> >
> > Then I wonder how much we can do about it. Maybe gtkhtml is just totally
> > broken with respect to cyrillic, or the gnome font installation has
> > problems (on the other hand, if the normal labels work fine, it can't be
> > too bad). Can you try the "Show URL" report (I've forgotten the actual
> > name) in the "Utility reports" submenu (or was it in the Help menu?)?
> > Then, in that report, enter the URL of a website that you know has
> > cyrillic characters on it. If it does *not* work, too, then we are
> > sorry, but we probably can't fix that from gnucash. Instead, you would
> > need to bug the gtkhtml developers to fix it.
>
> Yes, this is problem with gtkhtml AFAICS - devhelp doesn't show cyrillic
> too. Sorry for too early report problem without real investigation.

Looks like problem still exists.
In short: when I do report export in HTML, in resulting file I see UTF-8
encoding in header (in meta) and entities like Û. AFAIK such entities
must be UNICODE symbols, but they are just KOI8-R codes for cyrillic. So my
though: they wasn't converted to UTF-8, just putted as is.

Also AFAICS all report system is done with guile. I'm not familiar with
Scheme unfortunately (and gtkhtml too), so can't investigate problem more
closely. So I'm asking for help - may be you can point me in right direction
- where converting should be done and why it doesn't working? :)

> > >Encoding of outputted html is utf-8, but entites aren't for russian. May be
> > >there is a problem with converting koi8-r to utf-8.
> > >
> > >Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Gnucash sources, so may be someone
> > >could point me to right direction for digging? (On #gnucash I got advice to
> > >speak with Christian Stimmings...)

Sergei Dolmatov.
---
Disc space -- the final frontier!