Some oddities in gnucash-cvs

Rik Harris rik@kawaja.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:14:29 +1100

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 09:51:44AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Rik Harris <rik@kawaja.net> writes:
>
> > However, I would have thought the previous settings in a particular file
> > should be maintained once set, regardless of the locale.
>
> Unfortunately the way the options work, if you set the option to the
> "default" it is not saved.  In other words if your default locale is
> "en_AU" and you set the currency to AUD it will _NOT_ save it (because
> it is the default).  Later, when you change your locale to en_GB, it
> still takes the "default currency for the locale", which is GBP.
>
> Note that at _this_ point in time, the _ONLY_ time this particular
> currency is used is when you are creating a new account, or when you
> are entering a stock/mutual-fund/currency-account transaction.  When
> you enter a bank/credit-card/income/expense/asset/liability
> transaction it uses the currency of the account you are in (if it
> can).

Yep, that makes sense and having thought about it, I wouldn't change
that behaviour either.

It does appear that the default currency is also used when creating new
reports and printing invoices (and the invoice printing doesn't have an
option to change the currency).

The default currency changing might have been the trigger, but that
doesn't explain the other problems.

thanks,
rik.