Current HEAD will never build on Mac OS X

Peter O'Gorman peter@pogma.com
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:55:33 +0900

Hi,
I can't build the current cvs 1.7 HEAD on Mac OS X :(

In some cases this seems to be because of over liberal use of
-module in Makefiles, and in others gnucash appears to depend on
being able to link against and load the same binary.

On Mac OS X, shared libraries are not the same as loadable
modules. Modules are to be loaded at run time, shared libs are
to link against when creating the binary and are automagically
loaded by the OS.

I will have to go through the Makefiles and try to fix this, but
help would be appreciated.

I am sure that Mac is not the only platform with this
restriction. For once this is not an Apple bug IMHO.

Please use -module only for things which need to be loaded at
runtime, anything that needs to be linked against doesn't need
this.

Thanks,
Peter