Question: How to build complicated queries?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Feb 2002 17:07:44 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> > For example, I want a query to be:
> >
> >         a && (b || (c && d))
>
> To ensure grouping in a complicated expression, it's
> best to combine two simpler queries together with
> xaccQueryMerge. So you might create the query for
> c && d, and a query for 'b', and combine them, and
> then combine the resulting query with one for 'a'.

Ok, if I'm going to create the query for, e.g. c AND d,
what's the right way of doing that?  In particular, I
only want one logic operator, but I have to supply one
with each term.  Do I need to create both the 'c' and
'd' terms with AND, or do I put 'OR c' and 'AND d', or
is there something else what I'm missing?

Thanks,