Change in account name completion behaviour?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
22 Feb 2002 14:17:40 -0800

--=-OD0a75JSAwt3SQtX7hRD

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 11:38, Christian Stimming wrote:
>=20
> I've noticed this for a few weeks now, so eventually I should ask:
>=20
> Has there been any change in the account name completion behaviour? Scena=
rio:=20
> I enter a transaction in the register. During this action I try to enter =
an=20
> account. Gnucash does an account name completion, plus when I type the=20
> account seperator character, it completes the top-level account's name an=
d=20
> presents me the account name of the lower level. This used to mean that f=
or=20
> the account Assets:Checking:MyBank I needed to type (provided there were =
no=20
> ambiguity) 'a' ':' 'c' ':' 'm' and I'm done.
>=20
> It used to be this way until and including the last stable release IIRC=20
> (1.6.5).  But since then there showed up a change in the stable CVS branc=
h=20
> that made this way of entering account names more difficult. Namely, typi=
ng=20
> the ':' character kept one character marked too much: Before, typing 'a' =
':'=20
> made Gnucash to complete 'Asset:---' and keeping the '---' part marked, b=
ut=20
> NOT the ':' character. This way, typing the first letter of the subaccoun=
t=20
> (here a 'c') made Gnucash to complete the name of the subaccount. The way=
 of=20
> right now is different: Typing an 'a' ':' makes Gnucash to complete=20
> 'Asset:---' but keeping the ':---' part marked, that is, INCLUDING  the=20
> colon!  If I then type the first letter of the subaccount, the replacing=20
> makes 'Asset:---' change into 'Assetc' and I can't reach the subaccount=20
> anymore, unless I type a backspace and delete the character from the wron=
g=20
> place.
>=20
> This is annoying. Was there a good reason for this change that I missed? =
Did=20
> anybody else notice this behaviour? Or is the error in my installation?

I don't recall such a change being made. I cannot repeat this
on my own system (I can still do <letter> ':' <letter> ... and
gnucash doesn't highlite the colon. Has anything about your account
names changed recently?

dave

--=-OD0a75JSAwt3SQtX7hRD

--=-OD0a75JSAwt3SQtX7hRD--