Questions about reports

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 10:22:46 +1100

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 05:54:44PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Christian Stimming <stimming@tuhh.de> writes:
>
> >     And anyway, new account types don't get added that often (IIRC
> > none during the last 3 years), so you wouldn't need to worry too
> > much about that.
>
> Actually, this is false..  I added Accounts-Payable and
> Accounts-Receivable account-types in CVS.

This is exactly the problem. Perhaps there should be a account-get-base-type
which returns one of asset, liability, income, expense or equity. Or
predicates (like account-is-asset?). Instead of each report trying to work
it out for themselves.

There already are account-is-stock?, account-has-shares? and
account-is-inc-exp?.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/