Make distcheck

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
23 Feb 2002 01:04:35 -0800

--=-n5o9imL9ja0HePVT3knU

I've been working for some time to get this make torture test working,
and I believe I've finally finished (except for a problem or two in the
intltool utilities).  For anyone who hasn't looked at it, the 'make
distcheck' command does the following:

  1) make dist
  2) Untar the distribution into a new directory
  -- In the new source tree --
  3) Run autogen.sh, setting up split source and build directories.
  4) Make the sources read-only
  5) make
  6) make dvi
  7) make check
  8) make install
  9) make installcheck
 10) make uninstall
 11) Checks to insure that all installed files were removed
 12) make dist
 13) make distclean
 14) Checks to insure that all generated files were removed
 15) Deletes the new source tree

I found a few files that weren't being included in the distribution
tarball, and a few other generated files that weren't being cleaned up.

Almost all of my changes were to Makefile.am files, to allow for the
split source and build directories.  Mostly swapping a source/build
declarations, although a few of the test directory makefiles needed some
extra load paths added to pick up both the static and the generated scm
files (which are in separate directories for this test).  The other
changes were to a handful of test files to remove hard coded path
names.  I did have to tweak a 'gnucash' or 'g-wrapped' symlink here or
there in the split tree so that the modules would correctly load for the
test cases.  In all instances, this link is unchanged in a combined
source/build tree.

I have compared the output of a 'make check' run in the split
source/build tree to that in a combined source tree, and all tests path
in both trees.

How would you like me to proceed from here?  Should I submit the
complete set of changes to the gnucash-patches list, should I split it
into several patches, something else?

David

--=-n5o9imL9ja0HePVT3knU

--=-n5o9imL9ja0HePVT3knU--