Having problem to monetary-collector

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:38:44 +1100

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:11:47AM -0600, Bill Gribble wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 10:15, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > IMHO this is a bug (or at least a misfeature) in the gnc-numeric:
> > addition and subtraction have to be done in a common demoninator, as
> > opposed to having the system create the LCD.
>
> In what sense is this a bug or misfeature?  the gnc-numeric API just
> provides the mechanism to do the math; the calling code specifies if it
> wants to have the denominator automatically computed or not.

However, I'm using the collector interface and there (IIRC) I do not have
the option of choosing the type of math. I'll have another look tonight
though.

Actually, in my case it was simply because I filled in the wrong value for
the denominator of a security, so all the prices in the accounts are with
this wrong denomiator.

> > There are two sets of
> > 'add' and 'subtract' functions -- the fixed versions assume that the
> > denominators are already the same, the other versions require you to
> > supply your result denominator.
>
> Don't forget that the denominator you supply can be GNC_DENOM_AUTO, in
> which case you have several options as to how to automatically compute
> the denominator.

I saw this constant used somewhere so I'll have to have another look later.

Thanks everyone,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/