balances on individual tx's wrong in register (was: no subject)

Olaf Faaland ofaaland@attbi.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 02:06:25 -0700

Hi,

I noticed this (running balances wrong in register), too.

On my machine, I believe it occurred after I switched the display order i=
n the=20
register from the default order to "Date Entered", but I hadn't gotten ar=
ound=20
to trying to re-create it yet.  I use the xml backend.  My last cvs updat=
e=20
was 6/29/02.  I just started using cvs.

So my steps to re-create just now:

Created 2 new accounts, "Savings" and "Other Savings", both top-level ban=
k=20
accounts
Opened a register window for "Savings"
Made the following three entries, in the order given:

6/1/02  "Test Entry 1" Other Savings Deposit:$10
6/2/02  "Test Entry 2" Other Savings Deposit $20
5/29/02 "Test Entry 3" Other Savings Deposit $30

Then chose View->Sort Order->Date of Entry.

Now I get (abbreviated):

Test Entry 1 : Bal $40
Test Entry 2 : Bal $60
Test Entry 3 : Bal $30

By the way, perhaps that choice should be labeled "Entry Order" rather th=
an=20
"Date of Entry", unless the order within a group of tx's entered within a=
=20
single day is genuinely not entry order.

Olaf