Failed to dlopen() buisness-gnome

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
23 Jul 2002 19:18:33 -0400

Benoit Gr=E9goire <bock@step.polymtl.ca> writes:

> I get this error systematically as well.  I do run reiserfs, but It's=20
> consistently and systematically the buisness-gnome module that doesn't op=
en=20
> (been that way for months).  Here is the output.

Yea, the problem is that when I wrote the business modules I assumed
that dlopen() called with LTDL_LAZY would do the right thing and link
in symbols properly.  It does not.  It's never been a problem for me
because the module-load ordering works on my filesystem, but reiserfs
has a random load-order so you're seeing a different effect.

The short-term fix is to add all the dependencies to LDADD.

The long-term fix is to change the gnc-module load code to do
something more sane so libraries can be linked in the "proper" order.

-derek

--=20