Gnucash Lots?

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
23 May 2002 10:16:01 -0700

--=-iUWJGdCttqCjG3KEof/O

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 17:18, Linas Vepstas wrote:=20
> My request then:  review the (highly minimal) API in src/engine/gnc-lot.h
> and the writeup in src/docs/lots.txt and let me know if this cognitively
> maps to what you thought this whole thing is about.  Let me know if what
> is there is not what you were expecting, or if you think that some
> feature x wuld improve the situation.   I'd rather not have to redesign
> later if I can get it mostly right now.

Looks good to me.  The only problems that I can foresee are things that
might affect the basis of the stock without affecting the number of
shares.  I'm thinking of things like receiving cash in lieu of a
fractional share during a stock split, or something like that.  I need
to find out how this sort of transaction is accounted for in the first
place.

David=20

--=-iUWJGdCttqCjG3KEof/O

--=-iUWJGdCttqCjG3KEof/O--