multi currency accounts

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:56:55 +0100

Eildert Groeneveld wrote:

> it seems that I have a rpoblem with multi currency accounts in the current cvs
> version of gnucash. For instance the Profit and Loss report gives a USD
> income account as 0 EU although it shows correctly a positive USD content.
> At the end of the report the exchangerate is given as
>
> Exchange rate
> USD 1,00	0,00 ¤
>
> So this is clearly the problem. However, I do get uptodate exchange rates from
> the price editor:

Your problem is not in the "multi currency accounts" but rather in how
the currency exchange rates are processed in the "reports". I guess you
just need to open your report options and choose one of the other
multichoice options in the "price source" option. By default, this will
use your currency exchange transactions (weighted average), but if you
don't have any, it will end up zero. If, on the other hand, you want the
reports to use your imported price quotes, then you need to choose
"lates price" or somehting like that as a price source.

Christian