Using newer versions of guile and g-wrap

James A. Treacy treacy@debian.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 00:11:54 -0400

Debian currently supplies guile 1.4 and g-wrap 1.1.11. As a Debian
developer and the maintainer of the gnucash package, I would like to
update Debian with newer versions of those packages. What are the most
recent version of these programs that gnucash can handle?

My goal is to use guile 1.6 and g-wrap 1.3.2 asap as I understand there
issues with 64 bit machines have been dealt with in these newer
versions (please correct me if I'm wrong). Debian currently supports
11 architectures and I'd like gnucash to work on all of them.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org