Error during make

Tim Wunder tim@thewunders.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 16:12:09 -0400

On Saturday 12 October 2002 15:07, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 11:49, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > Yeah, well... the damnable 1.3.2 g-wrap won't compile for me, anyway...
>
> This is a known problem with g-wrap and the gcc 3.x compilers. We're
> trying to get the g-wrap maintainer to come out with a new release.
>
> > Have you compiled g-wrap 1.3.2 with RH 8?
>
> No, but I did install the gcc 3.1 compiler a while back and live with it
> for a week before reverting.  In the g-wrap sources, in the file
> g-wrap/Makefile.am, remove the -Werror from the AM_CFLAGS line and run
> configure again.  That should allow g-wrap to compile.

Did that, rm'd config.cache, re-ran configure and still get the same error
during make. I noted that it still executed gcc with the -Werror setting, so
I changed to the g-wrap directoy and executed gcc without the -Werror,
unofrtunatley that made no difference.

Any other ideas? You don't happen to have an RPM of g-wrap that I could
install, do you? I guess I could wander over to rpmfind.net and see what's
there...

Regards,
Tim