build order src/gnome and src/import-export

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:07:04 -0400

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 17:20, Christian Stimming wrote:
> In src/Makefile.am, we have
>
> GUI_SUBDIRS_2 = [...] \
>   import-export \
>   gnome \
>   [...]
>
> as the build order. However, I get linking errors in the
> import-export/hbci/test directory, since some of the HBCI GUI code needs
> functions from libgncgnome.so, and during the linking of test-link-module,
> the linker complains about libgncgnome.so not being there. Does this mean
> that the build order should better be the other way round? This could not
> easily be done, unfortunately, since the object code from the qif-importer
> is linked into libgncgnome.so because it's not a gnc-module (at least
> that's what I understand). This means that src/import-export/qif-import
> needs to be built before src/gnome ... but the linking problem of the hbci
> stuff means that it needs to be build the other way round. Gee, anybody
> having an idea?

I've investigated it, and it seems the only reason qif-import is linked in is
because of a call in gnc_ui_qif_import_druid_make() in
gnome/dialog-new-user.c .  I am not sure exactly how to fix it.

Then again, I can't even find where the QIF import entry is added to the
File/Import menu anymore...