Preferences dialog suggestions

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Oct 2002 11:58:33 -0400

A few comments... (I have nothing to say about those items that
I've removed)...

Chris Lyttle <chris@wilddev.net> writes:

> 4) Move the following items to the Advanced tab -
> 	Save Window Geometry (General)
> 	Application MDI Mode (General)
> 	Double Line Mode (Register)
> 	Show Vertical Borders (Register)
> 	Show Horizontal borders (Register)

I don't think the Double Line Mode flag belongs in Advanced.  Normal
users may want to default to double-line mode (just like they may want
to default to GL-style registers).

> 6) Suggest Preferences dialog be made 30% smaller

The height of the dialog is dependent on the "biggest page".  The
width is dependent on the buttons.  Limiting the number of prefs per
page would go a long way to helping.  Another thing we can (should) do
is move the "Reset Defaults" button out of the dialog and into the
notebook page and have it only reset the options on that page (instead
of EVERY option in the database -- including the hidden ones).

> 8) Ok if someone can explain the usefulness of these items we could
> possibly put them in advanced, however I vote for just getting rid of
> them (all in Register);
> 	Auto-Raise Lists - I've no idea what this does

I dont know what this is for offhand.

> 	Show All Transactions - Why wouldn't we want to show them all?

Some people may want to only see the "last 30 days" of transactions.

> User Info -
> ---------
> User Name: {Text Entry}
>
> User Address