Possible bug in g-wrap gw-* code

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Oct 2002 16:12:15 -0400

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> The approach I had been thinking about shouldn't depend on the
> automake version involved.  One option would be to just put a pattern
> override rule for each g-wrap file in the relevant Makefile.am's.
>
>   GW_CFLAGS := $(filter-out -Wno-uninitialized, $(CFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS))
>
>   gw-foo.c gw-foo.h: gw-foo-spec.scm
>   gw-foo.o: gw-foo.c gw:foo.h
>           $(CC) -c ${GW_CFLAGS}

Hmm.. We're already assuming Gnu Make...  Although I don't know how
well this works with libtool...

> I'm also concerned about things like alignment on various archs,
> though I agree that we can almost certainly come up with something,
> even it it requires some #ifdefery that should work.

Hmm..  I suppose this might be an issue for non-scalars, but for
non-scalars the "type creator" would define the initializer and
therefor would (should?) know what to provide.

However if you could reoganize to not require additional initialization
it would certainly be fine with me. :)