requred packages

James A. Treacy treacy@debian.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:36:23 -0400

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:37:55AM +0200, Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> after having moved from Redhat 7.3 to Debian obviously the CVS compile does
> not work anymore. Going back to gnucash stable also is no option because the
> files have been created with the cvs version. Thus, I need to get the CVS
> version going again. The question now is: do we have a list of required
> packages that I would have to install? Who could help out?

The Debian packaging system can be used to simplify your life here.

Try the following (rough outline. Some details will need to be modified):

you will need dpkg-dev and devscripts installed
get the cvs version of gnucash     (say the dir is called gnucash-cvs)
cd to a different directory
'apt-get source gnucash' (you will need a deb-src line in /etc/apt/sources.list)
'cp gnucash-1.6.8/debian gnucash-cvs' (you may need to get rid a debian
                                     dir in gnucash-cvs)
'cd gnucash-cvs'
edit debian/changelog and make a new entry with version 1.8.0-1
'debuild'
debuild will fail, giving you a list of packages you need to install
run debuild again after installing all the packages

Assuming the package builds:
'cd ..'
become root
'dpkg -i gnucash_1.8.0-1_i386.deb'

Send me mail if the build fails and you can't figure out the problem.
Note that I am moving next Thursday and may have a problem getting a
decent net connection (new house may be too far for dsl to work :( ).

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org