Bug report -- gnucash 1.6.8

Paul Lutus llpp@arachnoid.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:53:20 -0700

I saw a bug in the version of gnucash that comes with Red Hat 7.3, so I
first upgraded, hoping to see it had been fixed. But no such luck. :(

Here is the bug. It has to do with QIF file import. Consider these two QIF
records:

D1/14/98
NSellX
YFGRIX
I37.75
Q1,324.503311
U50,000.00
T50,000.00
L[WFB 0419594627]
$50,000.00
^
D1/16/98
NSellX
YFGRIX
I38
Q7,894.736842
U300,000.00
T300,000.00
L[WFB 0419594627]
$300,000.00
^

The first record is read and interpreted correctly. But the second record,
apparently because the numerical amount "38" is not terminated with a
decimal point, is interpreted as 3800, not 38, by the gnucash numerical
scanner. Try it! For this record, it creates a transfer with an apparent
value of $30,000,000. I saw the result and traced it back to this record and
this error.

Thanks for creating this terrific program. Not having Quicken on the Linux
platform was the only obstacle to my ditching Windows entirely. Once this
bug is fixed, my huge set of accounts will be translatable without
hand-correction, and I am sure others will also thank you for fixing it.

Sincerely --

Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com