Transaction GUIDs [Was: Writing a Sharp Zaurus PDA GnuCash Companion]

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Sep 2002 09:28:44 -0400

IMHO using /proc/sys/kernel/random/uid should be sufficient.  The
GUIDs are used to uniquely identify every object in the data file.
Every account, every transaction, every split has its own unique GUID.
A duplicate GUID would be very bad indeed.

-derek