"what's new" document

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Aug 1 13:22:08 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:
>>I also think that to separate things *correctly* would require *way*
>>more effort than I am willing to put in with only 2 weeks to
>>deadline. I would rather try to get in some new text.
>>
>>So, I renamed "Advanced Topics" to "Managing your Business Finances",
>>so for now we have 3 sections:
>>
>>Getting Started
>>Managing your Personal Finances
>>Managing your Business Finances
>>
>>No, it isn't ideal.
>>
>>What do you guys think?  Acceptable?
>

> My only complaint is that "loans and mortgages" and "cap-gains" is not
> business-specific and really is an "Advanced Topic"...

Yup, I agree.

The loans and mortgages problem is easily enough solved, I'll move it
into the Personal Finances area.  A simple swapping of chapter numbers
ought to do it.

The cap-gains issue is stickier... because the chapter that talks about
cap gains (an advanced personal finance issue) also deals with
depreciation (an advanced business issue).  So, I could split the
chapter, move cap-gains into the end of the Personal Finance area
(implying an advanced feature), and move depreciation to a chapter after
payroll.

Good?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil