Translators web page

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Wed Aug 20 13:48:43 CDT 2003

Christian Stimming wrote:
> Why do you exclude the strings from guile-string.c? These are important,
> as they are e.g. all the preferences.

Oh, and I should have mentioned in my last message.

I'm not guaranteeing that the postats.pl script is perfect yet, what I
described was the indended behavior.  I would love it if someone could
test it out for me.

I uploaded the script to
http://www.gnucash.org/trans/postats.pl

If you download it, save it to your gnucash/po/ directory and run it thusly:

./postats.pl gnucash.pot de.po
or for all the po files
./postats.pl gnucash.pot *.po

The working directory for the script is called ".postats_work/", within
you will find 2 files, de.po_TMP and de.po_EXCLUDED_TMP.  The de.po_TMP
file is all the translations that were included and the
de.po_EXCLUDED_TMP file contains all the translations that were
excluded.  Everything found in de.po must end up in one of these two
files.  So, you can open them in a text editor and see what was excluded
and included.

I've done this and it looks okay to me... but I would love for a second
opinion.

You can play with the exclusion pattern by editting the postats.pl
script and changing the scalar $exclude.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil