gnucash-1.8.1; Euro sign and german texts/menus don't work

v.i.t at gmx.de v.i.t at gmx.de
Mon Feb 24 11:45:10 CST 2003

> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> schrieb am 13 Feb 2003 23:33:12
> -0500:
> Maybe I found the reason for gnucashs i18n problem: an strace(1) of
> gnucash shows that it searches for its locales only in:
>
>                /usr/local/share/locale
> But some locales (for example "gnucash.mo") are in:
>                /usr/X11R6/share/locale
> others in:
>                /usr/share/locale
>
> Burkard

I tried to use LANG=rus; gnucash&; Gnucash loads russian translation, menus
and dialogs are all OK, but when it gets
to the General Ledger, the titles of all columns are apparently written in
another russian encoding and are not readable.
There are several encodings of cyrillic letters in fonts :
Cyrillic (KOI8-R)
Cyrillic (Windows-1251)
Cyrillic/Russian (CP-866)

Shouldn't there exist one and only one location for searching locales ? OK,
this may be distro-dependant,
but there must be something about it in Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. Hope
I will ever find time to define this
problem exactly.

Till then, thanks for all the fish :)

vitaliy