translation questions (part 2)

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Wed May 14 13:00:04 CDT 2003

Next round of translation questions.  :)

1) What is the difference (in English) between a "bill" and an
"invoice"?  I'm guessing that a bill is the piece of paper that says you
owe X amount of money, whereas an invoice is an itemized list?

2) What does it mean to "realize" a window?  I'm thinking it means the
window should never appear...
#: src/gnome/glade/sched-xact.glade.h:182
msgid "This window should never be realized."

3) How have people handled situations where a single English word can
have 2 different means?  For example, "order".  In portuguese this
translates as "ordem" when referring to the "order of a list", or it
means "pedido" when referring to "place an order".

#: src/business/business-gnome/glade/order.glade.h:10
msgid "Order"

Now, in this specific example I think it is clearly the "pedido"
definition... but in general...?

4) What is meant by this?  What is the "Card"?
#: src/business/business-gnome/glade/invoice.glade.h:4
msgid "Additional to Card:"

5) Is "proximo" a real word in English?
#: src/business/business-gnome/glade/billterms.glade.h:25
#: src/business/business-gnome/dialog-billterms.c:481
msgid "Proximo"

6) What is a Chargeback Project?
#: src/business/business-gnome/glade/invoice.glade.h:19
msgid "Default Chargeback Project"

Thanks!
-Jon

--