.gmo files built twice

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu May 22 12:35:15 CDT 2003

Derek-

Firstly, I now understand what you mean about modifying intltool
generated Makefiles... it kind of seems impossible since intltoolize
generates everything.  Bummer.

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:
>>But, I think the situation is no worse with my changes... and is much
>>better in that the .pot file is only built at most once in a build,
>>and neither the .pot or .gmo files are rebuilt when there have been no
>>changes to the .c files.
>
> Well, I never see it rebuilt -- ever..  It gets built the first
> time through and then never again.  But that's just me, I think.
> Personally, I kind of like it this way.

I would *love* this behavior.  But, what I see is that the .gmo files
are rebuild EVERYTIME I do anything with make.  I wonder why we see
different bahavior.

If you do a simple "make" followed by "make install" on the stable 1.8
branch, do you see the .gmo files compiled during the make install step?

-Jon

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil