Crash in multi-currency transactions

Tobias & Nicole Krais nicole-tobi at gmx.net
Tue Sep 2 15:18:32 CDT 2003

Benoit Grégoire schrieb:

> On Tuesday 26 August 2003 16:17, Tobias & Nicole Krais wrote:
>
>>Hi together,
>>
>>a few minutes ago I tested the HBCI import of multicurrency
>>transactions. Please see below
>>
>>Christian Stimming wrote:

>>>We have fixed the importer code in 1.8.5. Can you please try again after
>>>updating to this version? Thanks.
>>
>>GnuCash does not crash anymore. Good job! But: the amount isn't still
>>set properly. When I import a multicurrency transaction via HBCI, the
>>amount is only properly set in the account in which I use HBCI, the
>>other account remains without a value. The console gives me the same
>>feedback as last time (about 20 times):
>>
>>Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.
>

> The fix was a quick workaround to avoid the crash.  The fundamental problem is
> how do we tell what the amount is in a different currency?  Ask the user?
> Look it up online?  For what date?

GnuCash knows when it is a multicurreny transaction. One account in
GnuCash is in EUR (my German account) and one is in CHF (Swiss).

In case the importer imports a transaction which is a multicurreny
transaction, it can ask the user as in a normal multicurrency transaction.
All multicurrency transactions at my side have the same structure:
"Auslandsüberweisung Krais Tobias/ CHF 100,00 Kurs 1,560000 GEB 0,00..."
'Auslandsüberweisung' means something like transaction from an other
currency. The amount after CHF is the amount in original currency and
'Kurs' 1,560000 is the exchange rate. Maybe it can be imported and the
user is then asked whether the amount is correct.

Greetings, Tobias