Gnucash 1.8.9 accepted to Debian sid

James A. Treacy treacy at debian.org
Thu Apr 22 11:12:27 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 11:02:31PM -0500, Phil Carinhas wrote:
>   I get these error upon upgrading sid:
>
> /usr/bin/guile-1.6: relocation error: /usr/lib/gnucash/gnucash/libgnc-business-ledger.so.0: undefined symbol: gnc_option_db_lookup_taxtable_option
> [carinhas at aza:~/mail/mbox]: man dpkg

[snip]
>  Problem disappears after downgrading to
> ii  libltdl3       1.5.2-1        A system independent dlopen wrapper for GNU

You did the right thing by downgrading libltdl3. I believe that the
above will be fixed by the next upload of gnucash. Unfortunately, I
am having trouble getting the program to compile -- 1.8.9-1 only
compiled because I already had gnucash installed. Gnucash is not working
at all on any of the other arches.

As a temporary workaround, I have placed a working version, 1.8.9-1.1
(compiled with gnucash installed -- not fit for uploading into the
distribution), in http://people.debian.org/~treacy/gnucash/ . Please
let me know if you encounter any problems.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy at debian.org