check format

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 8 01:36:30 EDT 2004

On Jul 7, 2004, at 8:27 AM, Richard Mikulec wrote:

> Dear Gnucash,
>
> I've been testing Gnucash vs quicken and I like the results with the
> exception of printing checks so I can sever my last link MS software
>
> I'd be happy to prepare the check format for the standard quicken
> voucher check: top third check, middle and bottom thirds show account
> distribution
>
> What file(s) do I need to work with to edit the format?
>
> As soon as I complete the format, I will submit the results to your
> organization.
>
> Richard Mikulec

from the 1.8.9 tarball:

gnucash-1.8.9/src/gnome/dialog-print-check.c
gnucash-1.8.9/src/gnome/glade/print.glade
gnucash-1.8.9/src/scm/printing/print-check.scm

Not much to do in the first two, unless you have to define more
variables to pass to the scheme file, but you have to change the
appropriate lists in them to get the check format to show up in the
dialog pop-ups.

The scheme file does the layout work.

Dave

--