introduction

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Thu Aug 19 14:48:34 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> Hey Thomas.  I didn't know that jt was failing to do his job -- there
> hasn't been a new release in a while and I was under the impression
> that 1.8.9 was already in unstable and testing....

He hasn't failed to do his job.  He orphaned the package when he found
he could not give it the attention it deserves.  This is the right
thing to do.  But it then took a long time for a new maintainer to be
found.  This isn't jt's fault.

1.8.9 is in unstable and testing, but that doesn't mean there aren't
lots of open bugs that require attention.