Capital gains

David Grant david.grant at telus.net
Mon Aug 30 03:18:47 EDT 2004

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to track capital gains for a mutual
fund account in Gnucash?  I don't really see how it can be done at present.

I saw some discussion a while back,
http://www.mail-archive.com/gnucash-devel@lists.gnucash.org/msg04340.html
but I'm not sure about its status.

I have gnucash fetched from CVS and I'd like to help, although I don't
know if I have all the skills necessary to help much.

If there are any accounting tricks or workarounds that anyone would like
to share, that would be cool.  And by the way, I'm talking about capital
gains when you don't see the whole item or mutual fund or stock,
whatever.  Like when you buy a mutual fund at many different prices,
then sell only part of it at some given price.

Thanks,
David

--
David J. Grant