Messages after autogen.sh

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Aug 31 04:23:24 EDT 2004

David Grant schrieb:
> I get the following messages after running autogen.sh.  Can I ignore
> them?  Thanks, David

Yes. In fact you *should* ignore them and definitly *not* run aclocal by
hand. I think there is a message saying this, too -- but we surely admit
these paragraphs are quite confusing. However, they come from your
locally installed version of auto*/intltool and we cannot do anything
about this. This only concerns CVS anyway.

Again: Please ignore any message about running aclocal by hand. In CVS,
always only run ./autogen.sh and *nothing* else.

David Grant schrieb:
 > Ok, I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, before I
 > f$ck  up my accounts.  If I run "gnucash -nofile" it will not open up
 > anything?

Yes, with "-nofile" gnucash will not open up anything (except its
configuration files in ~/.gnucash)

 > I was thinking of copying my entire account directory into
 > a new directory called david-gnumed-cvs and then using that with
 > gnumed-cvs....

You don't need the "entire account directory". Your accounts are always
stored only in one file. All the other files (with timestamps in their
names) are old backup copies of that file and can be deleted if you
don't need the backup.

Christian