LibOFX version check fails

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 30 18:53:42 EST 2004

John Ellson <ellson at research.att.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>>I got this:
>>
>>checking for libofx version >= 0.7.0... ./configure: line 13411: test: version:: integer expression expected
>>configure: error: Libofx 0.7.0 or newer needed for ofx support
>>make: *** [config.status] Error 1
>>
>>I suspect the problem is that "ofxdump" is not in my PATH, but the
>>configure test assumes it is (even if I supply
>>--with-ofx-prefix=... to configure).
>>
>>-derek
>>

> Derek,
>
> Fedora devel has an older version of libofx which you will need to
> remove, along with the older version of
> gnucash that depends on it.

Who said I was running Fedora?  Also, who said I had an older libofx
RPM installed?  Besides, the test shouldn't fail in this way with an
older version of libofx -- the "test: version:: integer expression
expected" shouldn't happen with libofx 0.6.x

> I picked up the later libofx from:
>     http://www.nanotechnologies.qc.ca/propos/linux/SRPMS/

Irrelevant in my case.

> You will also need: gwenhywfar, aqbanking, and their -devel rpms.

Why do you think I need these?  These are for HBCI, and I don't need
them to build gnucash.

> I note that someone has just put up a:  gnucash-1.8.10-8.src.rpm
> I think it might be Patrice Guay as I found his name in the spec file
> and was corresponding with him earlier about a problem with 1.8.10-7
> requiring perl-CPAN
> which doesn't exist for FC3+.   That was why I started down the CVS path.

Also irrelevant.