Report writing/testing

abhi abhi at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 24 19:26:49 EST 2004

I have a specific report that I need every month.  Currently,
I export a "register" report to HTML and then run a series of
regular expressions in emacs to format it into what I need.

I am trying to hack the hello-world example to do what I want.
I edit the file, shutdown Gnucash, startup Gnucash, try to run the
report, see that it fails, and repeat.

Question:  is there a more interactive method to play with the .scm
files in which the reports are programmed?  How can I debug the report
without having to stop/restart Gnucash on every edit?

Thanks,