Bug Triage

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 24 18:23:46 EDT 2004

"Englisch, Volker (NIH/NCI)" <volker at mail.nih.gov> writes:

>> Uhh... What makes you think that these two bugs are the same?  IMHO
>> these two are _not_ the same bug.  88517 is about cut-and-paste losing
>> transaction information, whereas 92484 is about bulk moves of
>> transactions.  They are certainly different in my mind.  Why do you
>> consider them the same?
>
> What the user in 88517 wants to do _is_ moving a transaction from account A
> to account B and he/she is doing it by copy/pasting.  The information that
> gets lost is the reconciliation status of the pasted transaction.

Yes, I _can_ read.

> IMHO there is and should be a distinction between copying and moving
> transactions.  A copied tx, one that I want to copy from two months ago for
> instance, should not be entered into the register as a reconciled tx just
> because the original one was reconciled.  A moved transaction, however, has
> to keep all of the information except for the account information.

Cut+Paste == Move.
Copy+Paste != Move.

> Both bugs listed are requesting a method to move a single tx (or multiple
> transactions) from one account to another one.  Am I reading this wrong?

Yes.  The second one is about moving a bunch of transactions en-masse.
That's why they are two differnent bugs.

The first is that Cut+Paste (which == Move) loses the reconcile info.
The second is that there isn't an en-masse way to move transactions.

> By the way, I don't see a "mark bug as duplicate of" checkbox.  I may not
> have permission to do this.

It would be at the bottom...  A radio button where one option is: "()
Mark bug as duplicate of bug [ ]" But you probably don't have access
to the database to change the bug metadata, so that's probably why
it's not showing it to you.