Gnucash bombs on startup - finance quote

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 23 18:00:06 CST 2004

Graham Leggett <minfrin at sharp.fm> writes:

> Does anyone have a plain english translation of the above message? I
> have no idea what it is trying to tell me. The Finance-Quote module is
> installed via CPAN, I checked.

The problem is that guile on RHEL3 is broken.  In particular it
doesn't have "primitive-fork".  I have no idea how red hat screwed
this up, but it's their fault.  If you rebuild guile from source
it should be fine.  You might be able to just rebuild from the
SRPM.

> Any ideas?

File a bug report with Red Hat.