G2 branch doesn't build

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 3 10:06:40 EDT 2005

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> On Sunday 03 April 2005 12:48 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> wouldn't think you need to reimplement the whole thing -- just change the
>> "file selection" API to use the existing API hooks.
>
> Thanks for doing that for me, Derek. I saw the patch on the list this morning.

No problem.  I figured it would just be easier to make the fix and let
you sort it out later then it would be to try to walk you through
finding it.

>> > http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkFileChooser.html
>> >
>> > I just chose the one that gave the most useful dialog.
>>
>> GnuCash already uses a file chooser dialog -- we need to in the "file save"
>> or "save as" code paths.  We should just reuse this API.  Did you look for
>> a "gnc_file_selection" API?
>
> I looked in the doxygen output, but src/app-file/gnome/gnc_file_dialog (where
> I've just found the call you've used) isn't documented within doxygen.

Yea..  Not everything is documented in doxygen.  We know that.  :)
If anyone wants to supply doxygen comment patches.. Please do :)

>> If nothing else you should look in the
>> gnc-file API docs.
>
> Sorry, a more thorough search was obviously required when the code was first
> built. I was looking for it in src/gnome/ or src/gnome-utils.

It's okay..  You're still learning the code.  :)