Using gtk2.4 in G2

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Apr 10 16:10:02 EDT 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 8:35 pm, David Hampton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to find out if anyone objects to switching the G2 branch from a
> target of FC1/EL3 to a target of FC3/EL4.

OK, I'm nowhere on the GUI stakes, I know, but I do prefer the look of Gtk 2.4
to Gtk 2.2 - the file chooser dialog that I put in before and which turned
out to be 2.4 was very handy with it's storage of favourite locations.

> We're still looking at a
> release six months from now,

Phew! That means I can go on my summer break in June and still have plenty of
time to finish what I need. Great idea.

UK biased, maybe, but I'd like bonfire night - 5th November, gunpowder,
treason and plot etc. GnuCash and Debian can finally put Gnome1.2 to sleep.
RIP.

> 			FC1	FC3
> 	glib2		2.2	2.6
> 	gtk2		2.2	2.4
> 	gnome		2.4	2.8
> 	glade2		2.0	2.6
> 	libglade2	2.0	2.4

Fine by me.

> I don't have any other distributions handy to know how these new
> requirements compare.

Debian testing:
libglib2.0-0		2.6.3-1
libgtk2.0-0		2.6.2-4