FYI: GnuCash goes OFX ;-)

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Thu Apr 21 02:22:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

As you know GnuCash currently uses AqBanking for online banking. Until now
this has only been interesting for German users, because the homebanking
protocol HBCI is only available around here.

However, I just added a backend for AqBanking which allows connecting to OFX
servers for transaction and account statement retrieval.

This works with a test server, but I didn't have the chance to test it with
real servers, yet. It depends on latest changes in LibOFX (Ace Jones ported
his code from KMyMoney to LibOFX) and on some personal changes I made to my
local sandbox of LibOFX.

The beauty is: I verifed with my own application that no changes to the
application itself are necessary to use the new backend (even no
recompilation). If the application already uses AqBanking (which GnuCash does
for HBCI) it can also use OFX without modifications ;-)

There is much left to be done, most importantly a setup wizard must be written
and the stuff must be tested with real servers...
So this backend is in no way complete (and for now only available via CVS),
but maybe it is interesting enough to know what is going on with online
banking ;-)

regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aquamaniac.de/aqbanking/
OpenHBCI - http://www.openhbci.de/