FreqSpec and SchedXaction as QOF objects

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Apr 23 06:51:10 EDT 2005

I'm considering making FreqSpec a genuine QOF object that can be exported
directly to QSF and used in date repeat handling beyond the current
implementation.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to handle FreqSpec within applications that
use QOF as a library and export to QSF. Currently, I have to export the
components of a frequency specification as individual integers and dates. If
I give FreqSpec a QofObject definition and a QofClass parameter definition,
it can be exported as a reference.

I've already tweaked gnc-date.c to handle UTC time and this will form part of
the testing before these changes are committed.

This would make using FreqSpec much easier. At present, there is no way to
export a FreqSpec distinct from the main data file - only a human readable
string. I'd like to able to export a complete scheduled transaction in QSF as
well as handle FreqSpec within QSF itself. That would add a useful export
function for scheduled transactions.

Comments? Problems?

--

Neil Williams