G2 port completion threshold? [WAS: Re: FreqSpec and SchedXaction as QOF objects]

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Apr 23 10:39:37 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 10:31, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>:
>
> > Another option would be to help with the G2 port.  I've been
> > anticipating doing the FS/SX QOFization "next" ... but _after_ the G2
> > port is done.  Then the branching issues go away, we can get closer to
> > release, &c. :)
>
> That sort of begs the question, what does it mean for the G2 port to be "done"?
> Personally I don't have a good answer for that, yet.

0/ Only gtk/gnome2 dependencies. :)

1/ "G1" functionality parity; assuming that we keep track of this in
   GNOME2_STATUS...

2/ GNOME2_STATUS list down to nothing/RFEs only (especially RFEs
   for things that aren't related to G2 dependencies, like the
   budgeting stuff or new iconage...)

3/ Some semblence of a coordinated effort to find more differences once
   we belive that there are no more.

...jsled