Proposal: Merge gnome2-branch into HEAD (was: Add scrollbars to 'lot clist' in Lot viewer)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 30 16:04:54 EDT 2005

Quoting David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net>:

> On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 19:57 +0200, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > By the way, I'm all up for this merge back into HEAD at any time now.
>
> Works for me.

Once we've got GoG working in g2 I think this would be a wise idea.  I'd prefer
to wait until we've got at least G0G working...  I think that's the last major
missing piece of functionality; after that it's just bugfixing, stability,
etc.

> > PS: Is it really necessary to require libgnomui-2.8.0? Wouldn't
> > libgnomeui-2.6.1 already be sufficient?
>
> I chose 2.8 because that's what ships with FC3.  As recently as a couple
> of weeks ago G2 was compiling on FC1 which has libgnomeui-2.4, and I
> haven't seen anything committed that raises that bar.  I'll drop the
> requirement back down so we can support SuSe 9.2.

Hmm, well, GoG has some newer dependencies..  But it shouldn't be 2.8; 2.6
maybe, 2.4 at best..  Depends on which version system you're using.