CLI undo edit?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 14:10:34 EDT 2005

On Monday 08 August 2005 9:47 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:
> > If the undo list is retained within the book and only referenced from
> > that book, this would provide sufficient segregation.
>
> I presume by "retained" you mean "in core" and not "in storage"...

Yes, the list itself would be part of the QofBook struct and accessed via an
API exposed via qofbook.h - the undo list itself could be stored in a similar
manner to the current logs if that was useful. Depends on the SQL backend -
if we're all using immediate commit in SQL then would there be any need for
the logs at all?

> IMHO the undo/redo list should be size-bounded, not unlimited.

I was wondering about that too. So a hard-coded limit of, say 300 - should
that be configurable? or an absolute limit and configurable only downwards?

> Also, it should not necessarily depend on the dirty flag.

Maybe it would use the event interface instead - every modify or create event
would be added to the undo list?

Should the name reflect that?
void qof_book_undo_event(QofBook *book);
?
or just
void qof_undo(QofBook *book);
?