test routines

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 16 09:53:11 EDT 2005

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:

> This, I hope, will also fix a number of test failures in G2 - maybe even
> test-lots.
> :-)

Uhh.. maybe.. maybe not..  It's unclear whether the test-lots test failure is
due to a bug in the test or a bug in the code.  I don't know the
cap-gains code
well enough to actually have a good answer for that.

> I'll be removing all the guile code from each test routine that
> currently uses
> either the engine module or the business module or directly interfaces with
> the GnuCash v2 XML backend - i.e. the test routines that CashUtil can use -
> in preparation for the libcashobjects.so and libgnc-backend-file.so
> replacements (that CashUtil already uses).

Hmm..  I need to think about this some more.  In the QOF code there's no guile
bindings, so I think that's okay to remove the scheme tests from there.

> Remaining problems in the G2 source code that are preventing CashUtil from
> building currently include gnc-pricedb.c (uses a customised QofBackend
> (price_lookup) that only builds within the GnuCash tree)

eh?  Why does this only build in the gnucash tree?  I dont understand the
problem here.

>             and
> iso-4217-currencies.c which CashUtil cannot generate from the scheme.
>
> I'll work on gnc-pricedb.c but is there a better way of handling
> iso-4217-currencies.c?

I don't understand what's wrong with the current iso-4217-currencies.c
generator.  It's a self-contained guile script.  Think of it in the
same way as
a self-contained perl script.  Would you object to a perl script to generate
the currencies code?  If not, then why object to a guile script?