r12096 - svn oddity

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Dec 7 09:37:28 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 13:59 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> What do you find good about it, Josh? Should anyone need to revert they could
> get in the way - or at least they would if svn behaves like cvs in that
> regard, I don't know, haven't tried.

Because the version control system should not change things it doesn't
know about, like generated files; leaving the directories behind is just
a consequence of having generated files in the way.  So, annoying
because it's more work, but it's the right thing to do.

> copy into a tree suitable for cvs / svn import. Currently I just have to rely
> on .cvsignore. I suppose I could write a project-specific clean-cvs target -

We shouldn't have any `.cvsignore` files anymore...?

In any case, I've found `lndir` to be quite handy, here.  If you're
interested in building and destroying compilation directories from the
same sources time and time again, it's certainly well-suited to that.

...jsled