help file translatio: how to get diffs

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Dec 16 08:50:36 EST 2005

Hi,

Fabrizio Mancini schrieb:
> i'm translating the help file from english to italian language.

good to hear. Thank you for your contribution.

> I have copied the whole guide from eng to my locale directory.

Can you say specifically which files/directories you have copied? Do you
mean the SVN module "gnucash-docs" and in that module the directory
help/C or guide/C?
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#How_to_translate_the_GnuCash_guide_and.2For_help_files
Which one exactly?

> Suppose
> i'll employ one month to translate the whole documentatio, and suppose
> that the help file in the cvs has changed during this month.
> i'll check out all the documentation from the cvs at the end of the
> translation, how can i check the differences in the files? so i can
> translate only the file modified.

Currently no-one is working on the english versions of that file, so you
can rest assured that there simply is *no* change at all in these files
during the next month. (Maybe later, but not now.)

If there were a change, then first of all this will be noted in the
top-level ChangeLog file. You can ask the respective contributer
directly what he/she changed. Alternatively, the command "svn diff" will
give you any sorts of diffs that you would like, see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Svn and pointers there. But there really
isn't any change at all right now.

> sorry if it's not the right place to ask

This is the right place to ask. We are happily looking forward to your
contributions.

Christian