Unable to compile on current rawhide

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Fri Dec 23 15:00:14 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 02:41:15PM -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 12:05 -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
>
> > In configure.in, prefix the following line with '#' to comment it out:
> >  AC_DEFINE(G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED,1,[Don't use any deprecated glib functions.])
> >
> > If that works for you, I'll commit the change.
>
> Please make it conditional on "glib >= 2.9".

It's conditional on --disable-deprecated-glib.

> I've remove all currently deprecated glib functions from GnuCash,
                  ^^^^^^^^^

The problem is the "currently" deprecated functions are determined by
the user's installed library.  This symbol just isn't as useful as it
could be.  Wouldn't it be nice if there were G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_2_6
and such?  *sigh*

> and I specifically added that line to prevent anyone from adding
> them back.

Maybe we could unconditionally disable deprecated functions for
certain older library versions.  We just can't assume that newer
versions won't deprecate stuff we want really use and not error on.

-chris