PostgreSQL development

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 22:27:46 EST 2005

<quote who="Derek Atkins">
> "Burress, Tobias" <Tobias.Burress at sjca.edu> writes:
>
>> I've browsed through the archives (patches and devel) for the past few
>> months and didn't see much discussion on this.  Is psql support still
>> being pursued, or is it being deferred to SQLite support?  If it is
>> being actively developed, what is its status and what problems still
>> need to be solved?
>
> One developer is actively working on combined PG/SQLite support.
> Hopefully he'll chime in and provide a more detailed answer.
>
> -derek

Specifically, I'm working on GDA support (www.gnome-db.org), which
encompasses Postgresql, mySQL, SQLite, and I believe Oracle and DB2.  So
far, I've got the basics (Accounts, Transactions, Splits, KVP) loading and
saving, with a fairly simple API that will make it easy to drop in other
objects (e.g., I've got gncInvoice--but it won't work w/out Customers and
Entries and other business stuff).  I need to put together a TODO, and
hopefully in a month or so publish the code, either in gnucash or on
sourceforge, so others can poke at it if they want.

ciao,
--
Matthew Vanecek
except me.