Problem with QOF_TYPE_COLLECT

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 02:29:15 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:43:34PM -0400, David Hampton wrote:
> I'm having a problem with the new QOF_TYPE_COLLECT that was recently
> introduced in the g2 branch.  I'm consistently getting the error
> messages:
>
>   Error: qof_class_get_parameter(): no object of type collection
>   file qofquerycore.c: line 1477 (qof_query_core_to_string):
>     assertion `toString' failed

I'll need to add a prompt in qofclass.h that qofquerycore.c needs work
when a new type is added.

> Tracking down the first message, I started where the due bills dialog
> sets up a search query for invoices, one term of which is the owner of
> the invoice, set here.
>
>     param_list = gnc_search_param_prepend (param_list, _("Company"), NULL, type,
> 					   INVOICE_OWNER, OWNER_NAME, NULL);
>
> The gnc_search_param_prepend() function calls
> gnc_search_param_set_param_path(), which determines that an
> INVOICE_OWNER is of type QOF_TYPE_COLLECT, tries to look up the
> definition of a collection with gncQueryObjectGetParameter,

Why do we have these duplicate names defined? What's the advantage? It
makes it more difficult because in Anjuta I can right click each
function to go to it's definition or declaration - if it's defined as
another name, that doesn't work.

Anyways, it's actually calling qof_class_get_parameter, as shown in the
error report.

> and fails
> miserably.  I am able to find where all the other core qof types are
> registered with this code in qofquerycore.c, but I can't find anywhere
> where the collection type is registered.

I'll have to add that code to qofquerycore.

> Can anyone help me out with this problem?   Thanks.

I'll look at it today, hopefully.

--

Neil Williams